Does My Organization Need a Blog?
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
By now, any credible organization realizes that they need a central website. Most organizations know what a blog is – many have considered one and even set one up. . . but, does your organization really need a blog?
Short Answer: YES
Medium Answer: YES, but only if you can keep up with it.
Long Answer: Read below!
The Wiki definition of a blog is as follows:
A blog (a blend of the term "web log") is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
The social networking craze has helped blogs become increasingly more popular for individuals and businesses alike. Much like other social media outlets, a blog can offer many benefits – but is only effective if created and maintained properly.
Let’s take a look at some of the key benefits of maintaining a blog:
It’s true that a blog can offer these benefits and more. But to be effective, you should make note of the following:
- Blogs provide another instance of your organization online.
- Blogs provide a casual and non-intrusive way to connect with your customers.
- Blogs are indexed by search engines.
- Blogs can deliver important and useful information to your stakeholders.
- Blogs can be linked to your other social media for cross-linking & increased exposure.
- Blogs can be used to demonstrate expertise in your field.
- You are reading a blog right now, so they must work, right?
If you only remember one thing from this article, please remember to not trouble yourself with setting up a blog unless you can keep it up to date. Shoot us an email if you are looking for more tips/tricks. We’re happy to help.
- If you cannot keep up with a blog (1-2 updates/month minimum) – do not create a blog.
- A blog is PART of your online marketing strategy – not 100% of your online marketing strategy.
- DO NOT use a blog to push products/services in an aggressive manner.
- DO use a blog to inform your stakeholders with useful information.
- Use a blog as a suppliment to your online strategy, link to other instances of your organization on the web.
- HINT: www.ezinearticles.com is a great website to brainstorm for new blog ideas.
Subscribe To Our Blog
Domains & Hosting
Facts & Figures
Ideas & Inspiration
Marketing & SEO
02/18/2019 - The Importance of Personal Bra
04/19/2018 - The Best Ways to Lose Your Web
01/29/2018 - SEO Optimization for Websites:
06/13/2017 - Listings Management
12/13/2016 - You Won’t Believe the Truth ab
10/13/2016 - ABC's of SEO
08/10/2016 - SEO 101: When Will Your Site R
07/01/2016 - Internet Usage Statistics
06/02/2016 - How Video Can Bolster Your Web
04/01/2016 - Understanding Organic SEO & Ge
02/04/2016 - How to Sell Your Products Onli
06/24/2012 - Using QR Codes For Event Marke
06/11/2012 - Do’s & Don’ts of your WEB PRES
04/04/2012 - A Mobile Web Presence is Impor
07/26/2011 - Search Engine Wars
04/05/2011 - Quick Tips for Promoting Your
01/20/2011 - 2011 Digital Advertising Predi
09/28/2010 - Does My Organization Need a Bl
08/31/2010 - What You Need to Know About Go
08/03/2010 - How Do I Show Up On Google?
07/06/2010 - YouTube as a Business Tool?
06/24/2010 - Become A GOOGLE Search Pro
Security & Privacy