By The Numbers – Part 2
Saturday, October 9, 2010
The exponential growth of the Internet is almost unfathomable. What’s even more amazing is the adoption of social media, check out the following stats – AMAZING!
Gosh, if that wasn’t enough to fathom, think about the impact of all this online traffic of mobile devices, such as:
- 60% of all web users visit at least one (1) social networking web site.
- On September 8, 2010, The Huffington Post published an article called: Why YouTube is the future of the written word.
- Users on Twitter grew 109% in June 2010.
- Facebook now has half a BILLION (with a B) users.
- Americans spend 25% of their online time on social networks.
- 33% of women (aged 18-34) check Facebook when they first wake up.
- Social Media/Networking adoption is up 230% since 2007.
- 30 Billion online videos watched in April 2010.
- Worldwide, social networking adoption is up 82% in 2010.
By now, your head is probably spinning (mine certainly is). So, let’s break it down.
- Twitter saw 347% growth in mobile browser access in April 2010.
- Social Networking became more popular on mobile devices (vs. Desktop/Traditional computers) in February 2010.
- RIGHT NOW, Americans 18 & under send a text message every 10 minutes (when they are awake).
- Mobile app store downloads will hit 25 BILLION (with a B) by 2015 (if not sooner).
What This Means For You:
No time like the present to get on board. Email Us Today to learn how to put affordable and effective strategies together for your organization.
- If you don’t have a decent website – please get one immediately. We’d love it if you hired AI Software, but either way, get online and/or get your online presence up-to-date. Excuse the language, but DON’T HALF-@$$ it. It’s likely the most important part of your marketing strategy.
- Stop considering Social Networking and DO IT! If you’re still considering, read the stats above. Social Networking is not a fad, it’s HERE TO STAY and will be a part of your marketing strategy (and will evolve) over the years. You can no longer ignore it. If your firm does not have the resources to tackle social media, then engage a firm like AI Software to help make this happen for you.
- Consider mobile browsing/apps. Ever heard of an Android, iPhone, iPad? These devices are real. It’s no longer PC vs. Mac. Your online marketing partner needs to be aware of the possibilities, implications and opportunities that we now have. Guess what? AI Software can help!
Subscribe To Our Blog
Domains & Hosting
Facts & Figures
Ideas & Inspiration
Marketing & SEO
Security & Privacy
03/03/2016 - A Rough Guide To Social Media
06/20/2012 - Banned in The U.S.A.
03/05/2012 - These Social Media Stats Will
03/03/2012 - Don Draper’s Guide to Social M
03/21/2011 - Are You Part of The ‘IN’ Crowd
02/15/2011 - Twitt-Tips | 10 Suggestions on
10/28/2010 - How Social Media Worked for IK
10/09/2010 - By The Numbers – Part 2
09/09/2010 - 32 Ways To Use Facebook for Yo
06/26/2010 - Should My Company Be On Facebo