Success Through Tradition
Friday, October 2, 2015
Since AI Software is an organization in the web development industry, we have been (and still are) viewed as a ‘startup’ company. This label does not make much sense since our firm celebrated a decade in business in 2012 – and the only reason that we have enjoyed 10+ years of growth (with no debt and no venture capital) is by applying standard, real and proven business principals to an industry riddled with ‘start-up’ companies.
As we find ourselves in 2013 – there have been three (3) or four (4) generations of ‘start-ups’, which are:
Let’s have a similar look at the progression of AI Software – a company that used standard (time-tested) principles of business to become more than a startup:
- The 1990s – everyone who could write a line of HTML was receiving enormous paychecks just to bring a website online. These were the days when a website with a phone number and logo were considered ‘cutting-edge.’
- 2001 – 2003 – the ‘monoliths’ that we are familiar with today (such as eBay, Amazon, Dell, etc.) were establishing a HUGE Internet footprint and continue to grow today.
- 2004 – 2010 – the advent of Social Media gave everyone with an ‘idea’ the opportunity to capitalize on the Internet. Few got wealthy, some got rich and many have ideas that still are ‘on the shelf’ or ‘in development’ as Social Media continues to evolve (YouTube being the front-runner in reach and innovation).
- 2011 – 2013 – ‘APP’ development is the trend. Thanks to the brilliant marketing of Apple (and the followed competition from the Android marketplace), there is now no shortage of ‘WANT-repreneurs’ who are looking for the next Billion-dollar idea.
The reality is – for every Mark Zuckerberg, there are thousands of programmers who never had that billion dollar idea (or even a thousand dollar idea) for that matter. None of these ever panned out – and, you did not hear about them since it’s not ‘news’ unless the underdog makes a boat-load of cash. No one made a movie about the ones who failed.
These areas are:
- The 1990s – The founders of AI Software were engaging in such activities as sneaking out of their parents’ homes and going to prom. Toward the end of that particular decade, each principal had their own web design / development company, each embarrassing by today’s standards.
- 2001 – 2003 – AI Software, Inc. was founded. The core belief was creating websites that could be managed by the client through a content management system (CMS) – then called ‘SiteManager’. Nowadays, this type of system is commonplace, but back then – it was revolutionary.
- 2004 – 2010 – AI Software grew to 400+ clients in 30+ states operating out of offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and Scottsdale, AZ. The CMS evolved – as did the quality of our design.
- 2011 – 2013 – AI Software has morphed into more of an ‘Online Marketing Partner (OMP)’ than web developers – staffing people who specialize in the areas necessary to build an effective web presence.
Flair – how your website looks (professional design).
Function – how your website works (professional development).
Find-Ability – how you rank on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Friends – your social media footprint (which varies based on your industry).
The evolution of AI Software, Inc. is not because of a ‘cooler’ idea or a ‘better mousetrap’ – but through traditional business principles such as:
AI Software did not ‘build a better mousetrap’ – we found a way to deliver a new product by utilizing proven and effective business principles and standards. Our firm now enjoys success in a relatively ‘new’ industry – following the models of production and service created by such revolutionary people as: Henry Ford, Sam Walton and Cincinnati’s Own – Richard ‘Dick’ Farmer.
- Provide each and every client a unique and special experience.|
- Create a product and service model that defines each client and sets them apart from the competition.
- Execute a systematic process that ensures each product is built with care and quality.
- Offer custom support programs that provide each client exactly what they need.
AI Software, Inc. – new technology delivered through proven principles.
BEYOND YOUR VISION – BEHIND YOUR SITE
Subscribe To Our Blog
Domains & Hosting
Facts & Figures
Ideas & Inspiration
Marketing & SEO
Security & Privacy
11/20/2018 - 5 Mistakes You Must Avoid in a
10/19/2018 - Going Mobile: Addressing the E
09/20/2018 - The Website Design Process Exp
08/28/2018 - Cross Platform Development: Wh
07/27/2018 - Fundamentals of Website Design
03/28/2018 - Insights into an Amazing Websi
03/07/2017 - The “Unprofessional” Website
02/07/2017 - How does SEO really work with
01/01/2016 - WEB-O-LUTION | How Things Have
11/05/2015 - Internet Trends
10/02/2015 - Success Through Tradition
08/01/2012 - Having Only One Website is SOO
02/24/2012 - Spring Promotions in Full Swin
01/13/2012 - Terry’s 6 for 2012
10/25/2011 - 6 Website ‘NO-NOs’
10/15/2011 - Does My Organization Need a Mo
09/09/2011 - To APP or not To APP. . .
03/07/2011 - Rating Your Website | Four ‘Fs
01/27/2011 - 2011 Web Design Predictions
01/12/2011 - 5 Predictions for the Web in 2
11/10/2010 - 10 Signs That You Need to Upda
09/15/2010 - Phone Home! – Accounting for M
07/01/2010 - The True Value of a Profession