Social media refers to computer-mediated tools that allow people or companies to create, share, or exchange information, career interests, ideas, and pictures/videos in virtual communities and networks.
The three common features of social media include:
Social media facilitate the development of online social networks by connecting a user's profile with those of other individuals and/or groups. Social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content.
- Internet-based applications
- User-generated content
- User-generated profiles (including key demographics related to the platform)
Why is Social Media Important?
- Learn about your customers and connect with your audience
- Reach current and new customers/prospects locally & globally
- Create a new channel to review & improve customer service
- Gain market share by marketing your products/services to a new or larger audience
- Create meaningful relationships that generate leads through common interests
- An affordable way to increase brand awareness
- Establish your business as an industry expert and expand your professional network
Managing Social Media Channels / Social
When setting up social media, it is important to realize the audience that you intend to reach. Just as with other marketing methods, identifying your target will help determine where and how you should advertise.
Regardless of the channel or channels chosen for a social media campaign, the imaging and messaging needs to be consistent. AI Software works with clients to create this consistency and execute accordingly. In addition, AI Software offers technology (through FlexSite CMS) to stay on top of changes in social media protocol (such as Facebook Open Graph & Twitter Cards) as requirements change.
Here is a quick rundown of some of the more popular social media platforms and a description of how you may use them to increase your web presence (click the icon to learn more):